We specialize in recruiting, training and managing sales teams that act as either part of our client’s sales infrastructure or as their entire sales engine. We build 100% dedicated sales teams and partner closely with our clients to deliver a transparent and totally accountable solution with a focus on metrics, raining and the use of the latest technology in sales.
As a company, we work closely with our clients, but also with our community and our sales people. Our best assets are the people who come to work each day and produce results for our clients. Supporting these important individuals means our company is giving back and participating in our community. Targeted Metrics employees can often be seen throughout the community working with children, participating in service projects or running/walking in fundraisers. Working as a team starts inside our walls but extends to our clients, prospects and communities in everything we do.
Targeted Metrics prides ourselves on being a seamless partner; fully transparent and accountable to our clients. We become a valued partner in growing their book of business. All of our sales professionals come to work with one goal in mind each day, working to deliver results for their client in a highly professional manner. The sales representatives are uniquely incentivized to represent their clients as there is always the potential for growth.
What do we do?
Inside Sales is not Telemarketing. Let me repeat: Inside Sales is NOT Telemarketing. Telemarketing is a scripted, single-call-close, almost always targeting a small-ticket, business to consumer (B2C) model. Inside Sales is not scripted. It requires multiple calls or “touches” to create a sales close, involves medium or large ticket goods and services, and targets business-to-business (B2B) or high-end business-to-consumer (B2C) transactions.
Inside Sales is professional sales done remotely or virtually. It is not the mindless “phone drone” that calls at dinner time and won’t hang up until you have said “no” seven times. Inside Sales is also not Customer Service. Though Inside Sales frequently involves an element of inbound call handling like a customer service department, in its pure form it is not customer service. Some companies erroneously describe their inbound call centers as “inside sales,” but this does not fall within the boundaries of our definition unless the agents’ primary function is selling. Inside Sales is professional sales done remotely . . . it is remote sales.
Here are the top five reasons to consider being an inside sales professional at Targeted Metrics LLC.
- Being able to earn good money and then go home is something that’s not true for people who are on the road for three or four days at a time. One of the reasons that people are attracted to inside sales is the fact that they don’t have to spend the bulk of their time on the road away from their family and friends. Inside sales professionals don’t have to miss out on the activities that make up and enrich their lives. Inside sales is one of the lowest cost, highest return on investment ways to sell. The outside sales rep as we’ve defined it is nearing extinction.
- Inside sales is putting outside sales to shame. It’s as simple as that. Inside sales can achieve comparable or even higher quotas at a much lower cost of sale than outside sales. Inside sales has grown tremendously in the last few years and is taking over the market. Inside sales reps are also able to outperform outside sales all the while living a normal life style. Because they are able to live and work in the same area it also leads to the next point.
- Helping the environment is another reason to consider either switching over to a career in inside sales or enter the industry fresh out school. Working in inside sales reduces the carbon foot print people leave. It also reduces the negative impact on the environment by taking people out of airplanes and cars.
- Outside sales is becoming irrelevant as the old school regime is being paid $300,000 when their inside sales counterparts are making $80,000 and hitting the same quota. Companies are switching over to inside sales as they catch on to where the money is.
- People skills are still needed in inside sales – it’s still about having that personal touch when you go through the sales process. You can have all the technology, information and knowledge in the world to help people connect quicker. But, at the end of the day, selling still relies on a person talking to another person. Inside sales professionals still are people that build relationships and to keep their word.
Inside sales is a great industry to work in, especially if you have the drive, talent, people skills and persistence to advance your career and make a great living.
Call Center Director: Mike McGuire
With over 18 years within the call center industry, Mike is an accomplished senior level executive with a proven track record of success. He is a key player in strategic planning, developing and executing business strategies. Mike possesses excellent leadership skills and is able to build and manage highly effective teams. He is able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, lenders and investors while having been successful in profit improvement, new business start-ups, business turnarounds, and revenue growth. The bottom line – Mike is focused on achieving measurable results and making a difference.
He is a results-driven leader accustomed to establishing and managing call centers/contact centers in domestic environments with time-critical requirements. He possesses strong skills in assessment, analysis, and managing a staff of thousands multiple centers, and coordinating projects with several components to achieve and/or exceed service levels. A strategic thinker with the ability to make fast tactical decisions. He possesses high energy, a positive disposition, an ability to work well under pressure and to always lead by example.